Behind every single person’s brilliant smile, is an brilliant dentist. Normally, people visit their local dentist once every 6 months because a proper checkup and cleaning need to be performed to maintain a healthy smile and mouth. Before one chooses a general dentist, there are several factors to consider and details to pay attention to ensure the best choice was made as shared by our Monroe general dentist, Dr. Mjahed.
Tips for Choosing Right Dentist
It is important to ask for recommendations from friends and family members regarding a good dentist. In addition, a referral from your doctor might also allow you to have a better relationship with your dentist. It would be preferred to get a general dentist that offer different procedures and is located in a convenient place near you. This will minimize travel time and flexibility with appointments.
Facts About Your Dentist
- The general dentists’ salary is one of the top 10 in America: average of $150,000 a year
- By 2020 the demand for dentists will increase by 20%. There is around 155,000 dentists in the US so far, it is predicted that there will not be enough dentists to meet the raising demands in time.
- People who drink more than 3 glasses of soda each day will have a 62% higher chance in tooth decay and tooth loss than others.
- The average American brushes their teeth for 45-70 seconds. The recommended time is 2-3 minutes.
- When a person doesn’t flood, he missed cleaning 40% of tooth surfaces. It is recommended to floss twice a day!
1. What should I do if I have bad breath?
Bad breath may be caused by microbial buildup on the tongue, especially over night, certain foods, and dental cavities. To reduce bad breath, make sure to visit your dentists regularly, brush and floss your teeth twice a day, use mouthwash, drink a lot of water, and quit smoking (if applicable).
2. What do most dental insurance cover?
When you visit your local dentist office, dental exams will check for cavities and clean your teeth. In addition, other services are also included to help prevent and maintain your dental health. Other services that are provided include:
- X-rays to detect tooth decay, tumors, and bone loss.
- Oral cancer screening
- Gum disease evaluation
- Removal of tartar and plaque.
- Teeth polishing.
- Review dietary habits.