Getting straight teeth used to mean several years of painful metal braces. Now, there are options including clear aligners. These devices are a discreet, comfortable way to achieve the beautiful smile you always wanted.
How to Get Straight Teeth Using Invisalign:
The process uses a series of transparent, plastic aligners to gently adjust your teeth. The aligners are customized to your mouth and are worn in a specific sequence. Typically, you will wear an aligner for two weeks before moving on to the next. Once you use the last aligner, your treatment is completed. The exact number of aligners and length of treatment depends on the individual.
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign?
A cosmetic dentist can help you determine if aligners are right for you. The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Can understand the treatment regimen and wear the aligners as directed
- Is committed to wearing the aligner at least 22 hours a day
- Can take care of the aligners
- Has the discipline to practice good dental care and follow the treatment regimen precisely
How Are Aligners Different From Clear Braces?
Braces, whether metal or clear, align teeth using wires and brackets that are attached to the teeth. With aligners, there is nothing actually adhered to the teeth. The aligners are completely removable. Since they are made from flexible plastic, the aligners are more comfortable and look more natural than clear braces. Aligners offer other benefits over traditional braces:
- Since you remove the aligner while eating, you do not have to avoid certain foods.
- You remove the aligner for brushing and flossing, which allows you to practice better oral hygiene.
- Aligners typically require fewer office visits for adjustments than braces.
- Invisalign can be used successfully on any of the same dental problems as traditional braces.
Cost and Insurance Coverage:
Aligners are an FDA approved treatment. The cost is comparable to traditional braces and is covered under most insurance plans.
You no longer have to live with crooked, gapped, or misaligned teeth. A qualified cosmetic dentist can tell you how to get straight teeth and a healthy smile. Call our office today for more information or to schedule an appointment.